The History of St. Mary Manor
Established in Lansdale, Montgomery County, St. Mary Manor has served those in need for nearly ninety years. Originally, the campus was founded in 1922 as St. Mary’s Institute for the Blind. In 1965, the Institute evolved into a 120 bed nursing facility and 90 unit assisted living residence to respond to the growing needs of the elders in the community.
St. Mary Manor is home to a magnificent, historic chapel which was built in 1925 and solemnly blessed by Dennis Cardinal Dougherty. It is adorned with beautiful stained glassed windows and majestic arches and is a replica of the fourth century Church of S. Nereus and Achilleus in Rome.